A partying mother left her eight month old baby girl dying from an inferno after leaving her and other children unattended while she went clubbing.
The child died after fire ravaged a building in Antioch Tennessee early Sunday morning.
Baby Jream died while her 23-month-old brother was left in a critical condition as four other children, aged 6, 4, 2 and 1 were also hospitalised.
Fire-fighters attended to the scene and found heavy smoke and flames coming from one of the units.
Investigators are trying to determine if the children were being looked after by an adult at the time.
Two passers-by alerted the police after seeing the fire and a six-year-old running out of the Hickory Lake Apartments screaming.
Police said the women were at a nightclub on Saturday night and did not return to the apartment even after fire-fighters and police were already at the scene.
Preliminary investigations show that the fire started in a corner where a candle was burning, in the same room where the baby was found.